Copywriter - Social Media Executive
Copywriter - Social Media Executive for FusionDesign clients, including West Coast Way and Syzygy Social PR.
Experienced communications specialist and a strong content writer needed:
Do you love creating engaging experiences through your writing? Can you hook an audience and reel them in? A leading digital agency is looking for a writer who able to balance technical with creative writing and disseminate knowledge by interpreting, simplifying and shaping information into compelling narratives– creating outstanding copy for a range of clients, in a range of formats, to ultimately reach client goals.
The role is based in Cape Town and reports to the Creative Director/ Production Manager.
- Must be proficient and preferably have English as the first language
- Relevant degree/diploma from a university/college (Copywriting/Journalism / Communications), with Minimum 2 years’ experience in multi-media content creation and public relations field.
- If you do not have a diploma/degree, 5 years experience in writing for multi-media platforms and press release writing will be considered.
- Need to be able to present a portfolio of published work – showing experience in Multi-Media, Journalism and Press Release writing .
- Able to write press releases with attention-grabbing headlines
- Understand and adhere to good PR practices
- Exceptional knowledge of the online environment and content marketing, including experience in creating content across different social media channels.
- Able to create content plans & media strategies and able to analyze the success of it
- Exceptional verbal, writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Can cater their writing style to suit various target audiences
- Is adept at translating complex supplied content into digestible, “plain language” copy
- Ability to create content strategy deliverables including content audits, gap analyses, metadata
- A proactive, problem-solving, positive attitude, by researching and conceptualise content creation opportunities
- Experience in collaborating with a marketing team in an online environment.
- Solid understanding of CMS capabilities, SEO keyword research & Google trends research
- Is highly motivated, reliable, independent and self-managing.
- Ability to meet deadlines, be organised, analytical and dynamic.
- Be an inspiring thought leader: keep on top of online and content marketing trends
- Keen interest in and knowledge of tourism, destination marketing and digital PR.
- Happens seldom, but must be able to travel.
- Is not a designer but has an eye for design
- WordPress, Canva, PPC, Mailchimp - training will be provided.
- Interpret project briefs to develop a strategic writing approach , manage multiple deadlines & budgets
- Grasp audience profiles quickly and develop a concept, tone and style that is in line with a target audience
- Write, review, edit and update, fact-checking, and proofreading/quality assurance multi-media content.
- Formulate comms plans for projects and run with them
- Source and write content for BTL and digital collateral, such as newsletters
- Work alongside a designer to ensure all creative output portrays the relevant content in the most effective way
- Develop style guides and uphold best practices, ensuring brand continuity
- Producing all content strategy deliverables including content audits, gap analyses, metadata
- Work with project managers, strategists and mentor junior social media executive
- Building strategies for developing, implementing, and managing compelling and well-written content
- Assist community managers in the creation of shareable content in line with social media strategy
- Organised content that’s in line with the business objectives, user needs, and industry best practices
- Create content strategy and planning across all channels and platforms.
- Occasionally visit clients to receive briefs and to present work
- Drive the editorial direction and adapt across all stakeholders
- Implement content creation processes and ensure efficient execution of tasks across written, photographic and video platforms and teams.
- Manage, inspire and oversee a permanent content team (video design and editorial), as well as a network of freelance content contributors to produce innovative content in line with a project’s creative strategy
- Establish regular content and growth strategies in alignment with clients’ objectives.
- Interpret analytics and adjust content strategy according.
- Provide mentoring across the content writing team, such as the junior social media content creator
CV's to be sent to PR@fusiondesign.co.za