Public Relations & Social Media Assistant
We are looking for a confident and promising Public Relations (PR) and Content Developer to support our PR and Social Media team with various tasks.
It's a busy time of year, so the applicant will need to hit the ground running, be confident and able to be self-managed however work closely under the Project & Production Manager.
The goal is to facilitate the smooth running of daily operations and ensure the success of our PR efforts by growing and retaining media relationships. Your work will be instrumental in the development and execution of communication plans and strategies. We also need someone who is able to set and meet objectives for our clients. Our ideal candidate is a young and creative PR or communications graduate with a minimum of 1-years working experience, brimming with enthusiasm and passion. A fervent interest in the field partnered with good writing and research skills are very important to us. If you have a relevant qualification in fields such as PR, journalism, events management or other relevant diplomas, are also well-organized, have good time-management skills, are confident and an excellent communicator, we’d like to meet you.
- Tertiary qualification in public relations/communications
- PR agency Experience – minimum 12 Months
- Communication & Content Creation Experience – minimum of 6 Months
- Driver’s License and Vehicle
- Fluency in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keep calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.) and media lists
- Participate in brainstorming and planning sessions
- Assist in organizing and execution of events, campaigns etc.
- Conduct research to support PR planning
- Draft and distribute content such as newsletters and press releases
- Basic Edit videos and presentations as assigned
- Support relations with stakeholders, media, vendors etc.
- Assist in tracking media coverage or PR metrics (e.g. web analytics)
- Invent ways to streamline communication and plan execution
- Undertake general administrative and clerical duties
- Attend events and media functions - some will be after normal working hours
- Social media content development with monthly reports per client
- Creative PR, Communications & Content Creation graduate with a minimum of 1-years working experience within the industry
- Proven experience as PR an assistant or similar position
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong creative flair
- Ability to work flexible times when required
- Travelling within SA when required and attending evening events.
- Understanding of PR and marketing concepts and practices
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Willingness to follow industry trends and current methods
- Excellent knowledge in using MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint to pull and create reports
- Computer savvy, working knowledge of databases
- Well-organized, able to work with deadlines
- An analytical mind with attention to detail
- Outgoing and confident
- Active on Social Media with an established positive social media profile that shows you as a responsible, caring and mature community member
- Strong ability to work on or learn new programmes such as Canva, Hootsuite and MailChimp
- Knowledge of Canva
- Knowledge of using MailChimp
- Knowledge of Photoshop
- Video Editing
- Hootsuite experience
- Experience and interest in: Travel / Destination Marketing / Events Marketing / Events Management
CV's to be sent to PR@fusiondesign.co.za